×

GMG Speech a hit at districts

PHOTO COURTESY OF NOAH TESKE

Twelve individuals from the GMG Speech Team performed at the District Individual Speech Contest Feb. 25 in Marshalltown.

The participants competed in various categories including Poetry, Prose, Reviewing, Radio News, Spontaneous Speaking, Solo Musical Theatre, and Improvisation.

Throughout the day, each student performed and earned a rating accordingly. A rating of I (one) is excellent, II (two) is good, III (three) is not too good, and IV (four) is a disqualification.

GMG students who received a I rating were Linsey Kohn performing Prose, Aidan White performing Reviewing, Anna Mussig performing Radio News, Jamie Cantu performing Spontaneous Speaking, Lexi Vasquez performing Radio News, and Lilly Bru performing Improv.

Other students that performed consisted of Caiden Priske performing Reviewing, Noah Lang performing Reviewing, Alice Hunt performing Solo Musical Theatre, Jessica Johnson performing Prose, Noah Teske performing Poetry, and Anna Mussig performing Poetry.

The individuals that received a I rating moved on to the State Individual Speech Contest March 11 at North Scott.

Members of the GMG Speech Team will later be seen in upcoming events, such as the Spring Musical on April 22 and 23.

The Sun Courier is proud to support the work of GMG-Garwin High School’s Journalism class by republishing articles and photographs from the latest edition of The Scoop school newspaper. Staff writers, copy editors, photographers, and layout designers for The Scoop include Brenden Becker, Ava Campbell, Caiden Priske, Tage Bowers, Linsey Kohn, Noah Teske, Aidan White, Emma Brown, Savannah Pencil, Alive Soukhavong, Kayla Bush, Ashlynn Peters and Presley Watson. Editor for The Scoop is educator Angie Larson.