Phase 1B vaccine details announced for Grundy County
Following an update to the state of Iowa’s COVID-19 vaccine rollout plan, Grundy County Public Health issued a bulletin Thursday with helpful information for those seeking or considering a vaccine.
– Individuals age 65 or over will be eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine during any tier of the Phase 1B rollout. This is a change from the previously announced 75 years or older guideline.
– Administration for Phase 1B vaccinations is scheduled to begin February 1st, 2021.
– The vaccine is in short supply, which means not everyone identified in Phase 1B will be able to get vaccinated right away. Phase 1B will be prioritized by the tiers listed below and in the image.
– Individuals are not required to receive the vaccine in their county of residence.
– Vaccine administration in Grundy County is currently being administered by local pharmacies. Individuals are encouraged to call them at any point within Phase 1B to be placed on their waiting list.
– Appointments will be necessary no matter the location the vaccine is administered. This is to ensure that dosages are not wasted, as around 10 dosages of the Moderna vaccine can be given from one vial. Once the vial has been punctured, it needs to be utilized within 6 hours.
– Booster dosages of the vaccine will need to be coordinated with the location where the first dose is given and within 28 days of receiving the first dosage.
Those individuals who have not received a COVID-19 vaccine and fall within the 1-A or 1-B populations are encouraged to contact either Reinbeck Pharmacy (319-788-7445), Manly Drugstore in Grundy Center (319-824-5446) or NuCara Pharmacy in Conrad (641-366-2441) to be placed on a list.